Download Messages Panel
There a number of fields on this panel:
- Newsgroup : enter a string to find the newsgroup name. Asterisks can be used as a wild card, represening any character. e.g. *football* will bring back the names of groups with "football" in it.
- Server : A drop down list of free NNTP servers. You can select any one of these, or enter the name of your own.
- Find groups : Clicking on this will search for groups whose name match the string in the "Newsgroup" field.
- Get Extras : clicking on this will also download the extra fields needed to give location and cross-posts.
- Date From : This will filter the messages downloaded, saving only those that are created on or after this date. Must be in YYYYMMDD format, e.g. 20070401
- Date To : This will filter the messages downloaded, saving only those that are created on or before this date. Must be in YYYYMMDD format, e.g. 20070430
- Download : Once a newsgroup is selected, clicking on this button will start the download, using whatever options have been selected earlier.
- Pause : Pauses the download. Pressing again will resume.
- Cancel : Cancels the download completely. Messages that have already been downloaded will still be saved.